Update From Administrator – August 17, 2020
August 17, 2020
As always, our team and I hope this e-mail finds you healthy. I am pleased to report that we continue to remain COVID-free for both our staff and residents, and continue to test Staff on a regular basis.
Unfortunately, in May we had to postpone National Nursing Home Week due to the unforeseen pandemic. Athena Recreation Departments in all our facilities hosted an Athena Nursing home week from 8/9/2020-8/15/2020 to help celebrate and appreciate our residents and staff. We know how hard our staff have been working and how much our residents have been affected by the social limits which were results of this pandemic.
A few quick points on our outdoor visits:
- Must be pre-scheduled with Activities to ensure safe and healthy visits for you, the residents, and our staff. It also allows our team to ensure your loved one is available and ready for your visit to make the most of your time together .
- Face coverings must always be worn and a social distance of 6 feet between you and your loved ones the entire visit.
- Check out our website for specific guidelines and details regarding perimeter visits.
- Alternative visits (Facetime, Skype, and window visits) are still taking place. You can schedule a visit by calling 508-888-8222 Ext. 6501, or E-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other updates from our recreation team include:
- Each nursing unit has tablets assigned for resident use as virtual visits, games, etc.
- We have fresh airtime where residents can get some much needed sunshine while supervised to ensure social distancing. We are also scheduling resident outdoor social distancing activities program. Visitation may be cancelled during a heat wave.
- We encourage any residents and family members to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have about the care we are offering. Our commitment is to be as transparent as possible and work to address any issues that arise.
Thank you and please stay safe and healthy!
Shauna Weeks/ Administrator-LNHA